Although the actual timeline and process differs depending on which window replacement company you choose for your new windows, some things are pretty much the same. If we’re handling your new window installation, we let homeowners know what to expect and what is helpful to us. If yours didn’t or you forgot our conversation, today’s blog should help.
Things to Do Before We Arrive
Most of the time your window replacement company won’t set an installation date until they have your replacement windows and inspected them to make sure they received the right sizes and product. Once they call you with a date, you should prepare your home for their arrival. Occasionally they will need to reschedule but that’s usually when there’s heavy rain or hail predicted for the install date. Usually rescheduling happens at the last minute, which can be frustrating, but it’s in everyone’s best interest.
- Have a plan for your pets – The window replacement company will be in an out of your home throughout the day. They don’t want your furry family member escaping or to be stressed from the strangers in the home. The backyard isn’t a good option either if we’re replacing windows on the back of your home as we’ll likely be in and out of the yard as well.
- Kids need a plan too – If it’s not a school day or they’re not yet in school, it might be easier to have a plan for them to be out of the house as well. Window replacement can be loud.
- Take down all window treatments – Pinning them back or pulling them up isn’t enough. Please completely remove them.
- Clear walkways – As we bring the large and heavy windows into the home, we don’t want to cause any damage to your home or the new windows. Clearing the walkways of toys and décor is always appreciated.
- Move furnishings away from windows – Also move valuables away including any art that hangs on the wall near the windows.
Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions
Whether you have a question for your window replacement company when the job is scheduled or the day they arrive, ask. If you’re concerned about something, bring up your concern. Your window replacement company wants you to love your new windows and for the installation process to be a seamless as possible.
If you’re looking for a window replacement company, call Affordable Replacement Window Systems. We offer many brands and styles of windows, one of which will be perfect for your home. It’s always our goal to provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. Call or text (817) 264-6509 to schedule your free estimate today.